Wednesday 19 December 2012

Hats for a family of four & a little mouse

 
 
I have been busy knitting 'warm wooly' hats for my brother's family of four, for presents for Christmas, in my desire to avoid the maddening crowds and the busy shops, which I just can't stand at this time of year.....
 
 
 
So I decided to make them each a beanie hat in varying sizes from age child, teenage, and adult female and adult male
and of course, a little mouse ... for Emily, my 7 year old niece. 
 
 
 
I chose to knit them in a stripy pattern in different colour ways  for easy identification.  
They didn't take long to knit. 
I used a pattern I found in a book I had taken out of the library
called 
Made in France Knitting by Hikaru Noguchi
called Stocking-Stitch beanies for the whole family.
I adapted the pattern with increasing the number of stitches to get the right sizing.   
 
 
 
 
 
The little mouse pattern was taken from
Laura Long's Knitted Toy Tales 
book that has sat on my bookcase for a while waiting for a moment to make one of her lovely animals from her book.
 
 
 
 
I love the little mouse, he is so cute, no doubt I will make more!
 
bee x
 
o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...