Monday 13 June 2011

Things to do on a rainy day ..........

What a wet Sunday we had .... the ground was grateful though!

I pottered about the flat yesterday, reading magazines and looking at some library books I had got out which I love doing as it feels like getting a treat without spending anything. I love books.  That's my new thing, I've been borrowing books from the library that are available and then buying the books I can't get.  It costs 50p to reserve a book and you can search the catalogue online.  I've been looking at Amazon first and then searching for the books on the library catalogue, its good fun and I'm doing my bit to save the library too.  It takes me back to when I was a wee girl when my mum used to take 'me and my brother' to the library on a wet afternoon for a break.

I flicked through some old magazines as I like to tear out appealing images and articles for reference purposes.  I had the idea to cut out fun images and use them to decorate some greetings cards and this is what I came up with ......... 



see tutorial for more information, although they are quite straight forward and easy to do. 



I also started crocheting some 'Mary Jane slippers'.  I had cold feet all day, despite having two pairs of socks on and a pair of slippers!!!  It must be bad circulation.  There are lots of patterns available on the Internet for these little pretties, some are free, some are available for a small charge.  I found free instructions on 'Good Knits' blog.  So far I have done half a slipper and have found that I will need to increase the number of rows in the body section to get the correct size.  I will keep you posted on the results and if my tootsies warm up as a result.

work in progress to warm tootsies

I hope you all had a good weekend.

bee x

o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x

1 comment:

Sam Findlay said...

Well done for using your library!
I also spent the some of the weekend making cards, yours look lovely! As does your mary jane slipper, looking forward to seeing them finished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...