Tuesday 30 March 2010

Spring Time Garland

I thought we would have a Spring theme this week as its is coming up to Easter.
What with all the spring flowers about, the daffodils, the crocuses and the primroses.  I've even got a tulip poking its head out in the garden.  It inspired me to make this Spring Time Garland using vintage doilies, embroidered table mats, and lace. 


First of all, I washed and then hand dyed the doilies

powder blue dye

then halved the doilies and cut the table mat into four
and stitched them to a long strip of fabric, evenly spaced apart. I then stitched the lemon lace trim on both sides so it is reversible and edged the ends with a big lemon bow.

heres the result ..........







not the best pics
but it was raining so I had to find
 a suitable hanging place inside

I hope you like it,  It has inspired me to make some more to put in the
shop so I will keep you posted on these in due course

I hope you are all having a good week.

Bee x

o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your bunting!

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

That's so pretty and summery

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...